Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TG20

Controller support

Hi, I've been playing Classicube since July 2020 and I have always noticed one thing, the lack of support for controllers on any platform. The only way to play with a controller is by downloading an app for windows called Joy2Key, and it was a hassle to set up and figure out what buttons are what and map them. I was able to get it to work, but it seems like a big issue, especially since I'm also trying to play on my Xbox with a controller on the web client. I really hope controller support gets added to Classicube in the near future, without the need for Joy2Jey. I know it seems unrealistic, but it's at least worth pointing out :)

Thanks for reading,

- TG20

4 minutes ago, TG20 said:

Hi, I've been playing Classicube since July 2020 and I have always noticed one thing, the lack of support for controllers on any platform. The only way to play with a controller is by downloading an app for windows called Joy2Key, and it was a hassle to set up and figure out what buttons are what and map them. I was able to get it to work, but it seems like a big issue, especially since I'm also trying to play on my Xbox with a controller on the web client. I really hope controller support gets added to Classicube in the near future, without the need for Joy2Jey. I know it seems unrealistic, but it's at least worth pointing out 🙂

Thanks for reading,

- TG20

The developer needs a controller to add controller support. You have to remember that ClassiCube isn’t just their main job or source of income. If you already have it working then it should be fine.

2 minutes ago, jviteo2005 said:

The developer needs a controller to add controller support. You have to remember that ClassiCube isn’t just their main job or source of income. If you already have it working then it should be fine.

you do realise there isnt only 1 developer

Just now, yeti0904 said:

you do realise there isnt only 1 developer

Sorry *developers*
point is they aren’t made of money, not everyone has the financial support to go get the things they need to buy the products 

Or the fact that it is a huge undertaking to add proper controller support to a game that was never meant to be played with a controller without a complete overhaul.

3 hours ago, 123DontMessWitMe said:

Or the fact that it is a huge undertaking to add proper controller support to a game that was never meant to be played with a controller without a complete overhaul.

It was just a thought I had