Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkyRoofGuy

Plugin help?

Question

I'm starting a private server for me and my friends, and it has the Not Awesome Survival plugin. I've been looking around for a while to see if I can find a few plugins that will add mobs, and a day-night cycle, but to no avail.  If anyone has found some luck finding plugins that do this, could you please post the link to them here?

8 answers to this question

No one has developed mobs for NAS. The community is very small and doesn't have very many programmers who are interested in survival, so it is unlikely to happen unless you do it or hire someone else to.

14 minutes ago, TomCube2 said:

This doesn't add mobs, but github.com/SpicyCombo/nas2 has day/night cycles.

This fork has severe issues; mainly, all the blocks had their "shadow" property set to false so there's no shadows anymore, which breaks grass growing and looks awful.

21 hours ago, Goodly said:

This fork has severe issues; mainly, all the blocks had their "shadow" property set to false so there's no shadows anymore, which breaks grass growing and looks awful.

You are right, and as the author I currently do suggest everyone to use https://github.com/goodlyay/nas instead of my plugin (for now) since school had started for me and I haven't had the time to add / fix certain things. I mainly modified the settings so when its at night the blocks wouldn't have that light. You should hope for it to be fixed & released somewhere in this month or so however.

I've been working on creating mobs in my secret laboratory for a bit now. You can grab the plugin from here if you'd like. It currently supports freeroam (mobs walking around where they please), hostile (will attack if within range) and some other experimental features.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:41 PM, Venk said:

I've been working on creating mobs in my secret laboratory for a bit now. You can grab the plugin from here if you'd like. It currently supports freeroam (mobs walking around where they please), hostile (will attack if within range) and some other experimental features.

Wow, thanks for the tip! I have one question though. How do I get this working? I've installed the plugin onto my server, but It just doesn't do anything. I've tried different world names and enabling PvP in worlds, but to no avail. Any clue?

On 9/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, SkyRoofGuy said:

Wow, thanks for the tip! I have one question though. How do I get this working? I've installed the plugin onto my server, but It just doesn't do anything. I've tried different world names and enabling PvP in worlds, but to no avail. Any clue?

The way it works is that they are custom bot AI instructions. You will need to do either add the bots manually or make another plugin to spawn them in (was planned at one point). Use /botset [bot name] [bot instruction] to assign bot AI instructions. E.g, for a bot named "zombie" you would type /botset zombie hostile.

1 hour ago, Venk said:

"Use /botset [bot name] [bot instruction] to assign bot AI instructions. E.g, for a bot named "zombie" you would type /botset zombie hostile."

Ahh, I understand now! I think I could probably write a script to spawn mobs in all loaded worlds, despite my lack of skill. Thank you.