Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smappy767

How do i fix this error

Question

9 answers to this question

.lvl maps are NOT supposed to be opened using the ClassiCube client, .cw is what ClassiCube uses, you have to use server software like MCGalaxy.

5 minutes ago, icanttellyou said:

.lvl maps are NOT supposed to be opened using the ClassiCube client, .cw is what ClassiCube uses, you have to use server software like MCGalaxy.

This is not true. ClassiCube client supports opening .cw, .lvl, .fcm, and .dat worlds natively. It is likely that something is wrong (or highly unusual) about the .lvl file Smappy is attempting to load.

Providing the file would probably help to resolve the issue.

2 minutes ago, Goodly said:

This is not true. ClassiCube client supports opening .cw, .lvl, .fcm, and .dat worlds natively. It is likely that something is wrong (or highly unusual) about the .lvl file Smappy is attempting to load.

Providing the file would probably help to resolve the issue.

I actually have the same map he's trying to load. And yes, it does fail to load.

image.png.11c91cb7f490bf4d9ecab6c56101d1dc.png

1 minute ago, icanttellyou said:

I actually have the same map he's trying to load. And yes, it does fail to load.

they want the .lvl file

ClassiCube can load lvl files, but the lvl file doesn't contain additional block definitions (so "everything else" goes green). Those exist in a blockdefs.json or lvl_name.json file (it doesn't look like CC can load these extras). 

The cause of the "end of stream" message tends to be a bit vague because of the compression and there's not much that can be done about that.

However, there are other tools that can extract whatever is left in the file starting with things like using "gzip" to test if the file has been truncated or otherwise corrupted. Depending on the nature of the corruption it may be possible to extract the entire map (... or nothing at all) with other tools.

Note: The spawn position is right at the start of the file and you got that. 

23 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

Can you please upload the .lvl file somewhere so I can have a look at it?

On 8/12/2021 at 6:49 AM, Smappy767 said:

image.png.18912d9083e525e72cb27a2e05c5c3b2.png

If you update your game to the latest dev build, you should be able to load this map now, although you'll still see a warning:
image.png
(out of curiosity, do you remember where you got this map from? I'm wondering what generated this partially broken level file)

Thanks icanttellyou for providing the .lvl file.

Technical details of the issue with this level file:

The file itself:
1. Gzip header - okay
2. Compressed data - okay
3. Gzip trailer - okay

The decompressed data:
1. Map header - okay
2. Map blocks - okay
3. Map custom block section identifier - okay
4. Map custom block section contents - only 1 byte long instead of 2048

Not sure why only 1 byte got written, but the 'uncompressed data size' in Gzip trailer also agrees with it only being 1 byte long instead of 2048.
MCGalaxy happens to load this map by accident, as it ignores the end of stream error when reading the map's custom block section contents.

2 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

(out of curiosity, do you remember where you got this map from? I'm wondering what generated this partially broken level file)

I think it came from an old ClassiCube server called Classic Revived. Not so sure where he got it from, file timestamps say it's from late-2016.