Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

citrons

protonmail is not an "accepted" email host

protonmail is a widely used email service that should really be accepted. enforcing the usage of email services which violate users' privacy is not a very good practice. email whitelists in general are quite antithetical to the utility of email which is that it can be hosted by anyone. I would like to be able to use my personal email server to interface with internet accounts because this places them all within my purview and control.

anyway, this issue is preventing my friend, who uses protonmail, from registering an account. protonmail should at least be whitelisted, including the "pm.me" domain, which aliases to the main domain.

Weird, not sure why protonmail wouldn't be acceptable. Gmail works fine, and as OP stated, protonmail is a common host. I can vouch for it being accepted.

while I'm not a huge fan of email whitelists, the vast majority of legitimate people use a small number of email hosts and thus it's easier to whitelist legit hosts rather than blacklist bad actors. 

protonmail has been requested a few times, I just haven't had the time to add it to the list yet. What hostnames does it provide for users? pm.me and protonmail.com?

2 hours ago, AndrewPH said:

while I'm not a huge fan of email whitelists, the vast majority of legitimate people use a small number of email hosts and thus it's easier to whitelist legit hosts rather than blacklist bad actors. 

protonmail has been requested a few times, I just haven't had the time to add it to the list yet. What hostnames does it provide for users? pm.me and protonmail.com?

Protonmail also supports custom hostnames but in terms of official ones, yeah, those two are the only ones.