Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ancolsonli

I cannot join my own server!

Question

I just can't join my own server. I used McGalaxy. (server name: Galaxy (runned by Ancolsonli,PlayerZ, and Caoannitta)      Is it because I didn't port forward it?

When I try to join, the green bar goes backward slowly then it says "Failed to connect to (random numbers) It's probably down!" 

6 answers to this question

Are you expecting to be able to join a server you didn't port forward?

If it's a local server, you can connect via direct connect, follow the instructions on MCGalaxy's GitHub page. 

If you want others to connect, you'd have to port forward. 

1 minute ago, aleksb385 said:

Are you expecting to be able to join a server you didn't port forward?

If it's a local server, you can connect via direct connect, follow the instructions on MCGalaxy's GitHub page. 

If you want others to connect, you'd have to port forward. 

Thanks, but it says there is an error port forwarding the server. I tried to port forward it to 25560, 25565, 25570. None will work

In that case, maybe you need to follow a specific set of instructions to open a port on your router. A useful site to use is https://portforward.com/, but do not purchase any software shown there. 

Some ISPs just (b)lock access to the router configuration page so you'll be completely out of luck. For example, I can't access mine, so my server is ran from a VPS I'm renting. 

5 minutes ago, Ancolsonli said:

Thanks, but it says there is an error port forwarding the server. I tried to port forward it to 25560, 25565, 25570. None will work

What is the error you're getting from trying to port forward? Please note that it will probably go more smoothly trying to port forward directly through your router rather than through MCGalaxy's tool

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

What is the error you're getting from trying to port forward? Please note that it will probably go more smoothly trying to port forward directly through your router rather than through MCGalaxy's tool

idk how to do that-

1 minute ago, Ancolsonli said:

idk how to do that-

Google how to port forward. The process is different based on which router you have. We can't really help you with it since you and/or your family have access to the information you need to actually do it.

Also, to answer the initial question... not being able to connect to your own server is not a port forwarding issue. You can use the desktop client to join your own server even if it's not port forwarded, if you read the instructions from here https://github.com/UnknownShadow200/MCGalaxy