Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Village_Crafter

Renting a Server

Question

I saw that ClassiCube has many different applications for running servers, but I imagine that none of these will work on traditional server websites for a block game made by a fat Swedish man such as CubedHost and ApexHosting. Is it possible that I can host a server without running it on my own machine? Are there any server hosting websites or online virtual machines you'd recommend? How much RAM is required to run ClassiCube servers?

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Village_Crafter said:

I saw that ClassiCube has many different applications for running servers, but I imagine that none of these will work on traditional server websites for a block game made by a fat Swedish man such as CubedHost and ApexHosting. Is it possible that I can host a server without running it on my own machine? Are there any server hosting websites or online virtual machines you'd recommend? How much RAM is required to run ClassiCube servers?

you can buy something called a VPS (virtual private server) which is like a virtual machine with its own ip address in the cloud. you can get one pretty cheap with OVHcloud (£4.80/mo with 2GB RAM, 1 cpu, 40GB storage) and they can run ClassiCube server software fine. for RAM, I'd recommend 1GB/2GB

10 hours ago, MESYETI said:

you can buy something called a VPS (virtual private server) which is like a virtual machine with its own ip address in the cloud. you can get one pretty cheap with OVHcloud (£4.80/mo with 2GB RAM, 1 cpu, 40GB storage) and they can run ClassiCube server software fine. for RAM, I'd recommend 1GB/2GB

I'm thinking of using DigitalOcean. Can I run servers on Linux?

28 minutes ago, Village_Crafter said:

it depends on the server software, the most popular (mcgalaxy) is a .net application that can run if you install a software called Mono on the VPS that you use.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:16 PM, Village_Crafter said:

you can but you need mono

15 minutes ago, Ancolsonli said:

Can I get the server and whats it called?

are you kidding me right now