Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christofu

Am I the Asshole? (AITA)

I know there is a Subreddit for this but I would like to ask the ClassicCube Community. So I am a Co Owner of a server (RCA club) and i've deleted a kid's (lashednova) city map a few weeks ago which he worked hard on in response to him misbehaving on my server. Over the past 5 months he has been calling names, spamming in chat, using vulgar language, being rude to staff and others, telling mods (of other servers)  to ban me, and etc. I have demoted him after the first 2 months of this headache. However he still continued. I have gave him countless warnings and have used the /warn on him 17 times. I banned him for 7 days but he still was being rude. I threatened to delete his city which he cared most about if he continued to misbehave. He later called me names and threatened to tell everyone on CC that I hack to give me a bad reputation. Another thing he did was he made a hole on my build and told me to clean it as if I was a slave. I got mad after this an banned him for 30 days and deleted his city. When he came back he got very mad at me and tried to prove me as a bad person. After this I banned him for 60 days. So Am I the Asshole???

I think deleting someone's build is never an appropriate punishment for breaking rules but he absolutely had it coming especially after being explicitly warned it would happen.
It sounds like you gave him way too much lenience and let it get out of hand and get to you too personally which resulted in poor staff decisions.

Just now, Goodly said:

I think deleting someone's build is never an appropriate punishment for breaking rules but he absolutely had it coming especially after being explicitly warned it would happen.
It sounds like you gave him way too much lenience and let it get out of hand and get to you too personally which resulted in poor staff decisions.

Any advice?

Just now, Christofu said:

Any advice?

Use tools that deal with the problem instead of repeatedly /warning. For example, rude behavior often only extends to chat -- just /mute. Increase duration exponentially for continued offenses.

Honestly, you and lashed both made the huge mistake, i get why, lashed made a giant hole in the ground and then you removed it because lashed wouldn't be mean, but the thing is, the fault was on you both, and during that meeting, me and Nividim were getting confused on what was going on between the both of you, and i thought that lashed was guilty, but it was a mix-up, but then when lashed went overboard and started to drag the meeting, i decided to leave it because it was getting boring. In all honesty, just like Goodly, you've should've muted lashed instead of giving him multiple warnings.

P.S: We all make mistakes, even if it was a big oopsie, You can learn from your own mistakes and don't do it again.

2 hours ago, DanieI said:

you both are assholes

but you both are good people

I would not consider Lash as a good person. And I'd consider my self neutral not "good". Do you agree?

It might be too late to respond by now, but fuck it, I'll do it anyway.

I pretty much 100% agree with Goodly here, but I'd like to say a few other things.

Deleting someone's build is pretty dumb as a punishment for their behaviour and will just make them dislike you more. If they are misbehaving, you have the appropriate moderation tools to stop them from continuing. I would personally have taken advantage of /mute, /tempban or even /ban. If you seriously could not come to a good decision after 17 warns and still managed to let them fuck up more, should you even be moderating a server? What about the other staff, did they not react at all? You should've asked them for advice too. And no, don't give them more chances. If someone was being an asshole, had 17 warnings and was banned for 30 days, don't unban them after 3 because they begged you for it on another server. This is just recipe for disaster.

You felt threatened by some kid telling you that they'll "tell everyone on CC that [you] hack to give [you] a bad reputation", when in reality, nobody on this game really cares about these kinds of things unless it's very severe and can be backed up by proof...? Also, "hacking" can be defined in many ways, so it wasn't even clear what they were actually intending to do (spoiler alert: because they weren't going to do anything either way). I would've personally shrugged off a threat like that.

Making a hole on your build can count as griefing, you should fix it using /ua and give them the appropriate punishment (not yet another warn though) instead of entertaining their behaviour ("told [you] to clean it as if [you were] a slave").

Threatening someone to delete their build overall gives your server and your staff team a really bad reputation if it's their own original build that isn't just a modification (grief) of another. You should always be respectful to your players regardless of their behaviour, and never threaten them with things like that. If you think you can't continue being respectful to a certain player after what they've done, once again, use the moderation tools available. They're there for a reason.

As for them going to other servers and telling mods to ban you, that is just petty. If someone does ban you over baseless accusations like that, then the server probably isn't worth your time either way.

Thanks for reading, I hope this was at least a little bit helpful.

If we're going for reddit style: ESH.

Hi, you're both strange people. But deleting everything was not a good decision, why did you delete this guy's map in the first place..... and you started a "war" .... solve your own weird problems))))

On 5/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, Goodly said:

We agree with Goodly more. Because Destroying someone, build was never the best idea instead of griefing use something called commands not use warn all the time its considered abusing so i would recomend using command instead of griefing commands are there for a reason if someone is iratating you you would do /mute not /warn if someone is griefing do /perbuild -(playername) not /warn if someone is spaming you do/mute not /warn and did you even let your staff members to help no you didn't it was all you abusing /warn so if you want someone to stop being rude use the moderation commands you have available not using /warn all the time and threating someone to delete you build deleting is consider (Griefing) and you are a co owner your not supposed to be Griefing anways so if you want to be a good co owner always be respectful to your guests even how they behave.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:55 PM, Christofu said:

I would not consider Lash as a good person. And I'd consider my self neutral not "good". Do you agree?

no I don't agree lol

OfficialOofy was BANNED for this post by Goodly

Ban Reason: One-word posts WILL get you banned! - 4 hours PS: Make better posts. Your previous one wasn't great either. No one cares if you're back or not.

oof