Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jacktherippa

Can You Create A feature that lets you create a server on the web client?

ANDREWPH PLEASE ADD A FEATURE THATS LETS YOU CREATE SERVERS ON THE WEB CLIENT, WE CAN INSTALL FILES AND STUFF. PLEASE CUZ I'M ON A CHROMEBOOK

THAT IS NOT HOW SERVERS WORK.  You must download them and Andrew won't be ADDING THAT FEATURE!

Please understand.

Unfortunately, as Andrew and azbacho10 said, thats now making a server work. You'll need to install MCGalaxy and the Mono framework via the Linux desktop environment prebuilt into your chromebook, which only some chromebook models depending on your manufacturer support Linux, if you use a school chromebook, otherwise known as a managed chromebook, you cannot access Linux, thus far, its impossible to get MCGalaxy and Mono without getting inside your chromebook.

The reason this will not work is simply because the ClassiCube developers aren't the ones hosting servers. Servers are hosted on your computer over your network, and they are not hosted on the ClassiCube website.

I like how everyone keeps explaining the same thing and it gets more confusing after each post.

dang it. I am on a chromebook too, but i am getting a pc very soon. Thanks!! 😎😮🤯

Spoiler

My server is going to be called "Yes" 😇

Not only that, if everybody could make servers that easily, we would have HUNDREDS of servers! not only that, the amount of advertising, asking how to add plugins, and overall chaos that is a begining server, would be increased by 2,000%!!!! if you want to run a server of your own, thats compatible with chromebook, use eddyn.net. it may go down all the time, but its the only option so far. il add a link below.

https://eddyn.net/projects/games/

it wont work right now, because as of this post being created, eddyn is down. again. also, eddyn operates and uses mcgalaxy.

I do not mean to come off as harsh, but we got to lay some truth here. Please don't host a server if you only have a Chromebook. If you have an actual idea on making a unique server that isn't every other freebuild servers copied-and-pasted, you should try doing some research and start with getting a Windows computer.

Main reason this probably wont happen is the fact that most chromebook kids that do make servers end up just having servers out there with 0 players and no point to actually having it. There will always be that one server that will randomly get lots of players but the chances of that happening to your server is like 0-90000000 chance since there is already dominate servers on ClassiCube.

15 hours ago, Pear said:

I do not mean to come off as harsh, but we got to lay some truth here. Please don't host a server if you only have a Chromebook. If you have an actual idea on making a unique server that isn't every other freebuild servers copied-and-pasted, you should try doing some research and start with getting a Windows computer.

server hosting on windows is probably just as bad, you can't run a windows computer 24/7 without it slowing down bit by bit until it's unusable. 

9 hours ago, Hellenion said:

If anyone actually has a good idea I'll gladly host them.

same, i will also host people's servers if they're good

16 hours ago, Pear said:

Or a Linux computer.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:19 AM, Desaxu said:

Unfortunately, as Andrew and azbacho10 said, thats now making a server work. You'll need to install MCGalaxy and the Mono framework via the Linux desktop environment prebuilt into your chromebook, which only some chromebook models depending on your manufacturer support Linux, if you use a school chromebook, otherwise known as a managed chromebook, you cannot access Linux, thus far, its impossible to get MCGalaxy and Mono without getting inside your chromebook.

linux is the kernel that ChromeOS uses and the linux option gives you access to the bash terminal

34 minutes ago, MESYETI said:

linux is the kernel that ChromeOS uses and the linux option gives you access to the bash terminal

I mean, what you say is true, but the Linux/Developer option makes you install a Linux VM onto ChromeOS when you press "Turn on" from the settings. Rather, you can access the ChromeOS terminal by pressing Ctrl, Alt, and T. Plus its recommended to turn on Developer Mode if you want to install Linux apps via the ChromeOS terminal.

5 hours ago, crush_ said:

Or a Linux computer.

Most computers don't come with Linux shipped, but 🤷‍♂️

On 4/16/2021 at 9:06 PM, Desaxu said:

I mean, what you say is true, but the Linux/Developer option makes you install a Linux VM onto ChromeOS when you press "Turn on" from the settings. Rather, you can access the ChromeOS terminal by pressing Ctrl, Alt, and T. Plus its recommended to turn on Developer Mode if you want to install Linux apps via the ChromeOS terminal.

all it does is let you use the bash shell