Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venk

Puissant Royale Spleef Tournament 2021

aFVTt61.png

🏆 Tournament time, who's excited? Some of you may have heard that we will be hosting our second ever spleef tournament and you have heard correctly! It's been about 9 years since the last spleef tournament and we're very excited to be hosting this event for you. Now, let's get into the details...

When is the tournament?
The tournament will be held on the 24th of April, 2021 (25th for us Aussie-folk) at 9pm UTC. This means 6pm Washington time and unfortunately 11pm London time. Please check the appropriate times if you are not in these timezones.

What is the tournament?
The tournament structure will be a modified version of a single-elimination 1v1 singles spleef tournament. We'll get into that later on...

How can I enter?
Just show up on the day, it's that simple! We'd like to get as many people as possible involved in the tournament so there is an infinite amount of slots open. 

What are the rules?
1.  No cheating. This means using a hacked or modified client to change settings such as reach and hacks, among other things.
2. No toxicity. While trash-talking can be allowed at a minimum, severe disrespect towards players online will not be tolerated and you may be kicked for the time being.
3. Use your head. Most tournaments follow a similar guideline and this is not an exception. 

The rules from the server are still in place and you will be punished the same as if the tournament was not in place. If you are found breaking any of these rules, you may be kicked from the tournament or even the server. Don't be that guy...

Tournament structure
There will be two stages in this tournament. Earlier we mentioned that this tournament will follow a single-elimination structure, we will be using this for the second stage of the tournament.

Stage 1 - The Qualifiers
If we do not get over 16 players for the tournament, this stage MAY be skipped. 

This will be a free-for-all spleef stage where everybody is trying to spleef everybody. There will be four rounds of qualifiers with the last remaining four players moving forward to the second stage. If you do not make the top four in the first heat, you still have three other chances in the remaining heats. If you do not make the top 16, you can still watch and support your friends from the
sidelines but please do not disturb the remaining players. The placements from the qualifiers will determine match seedings for the next stage.

Stage 2 - The Bracket
The remaining 16 players from the first stage will be battling it out in a 1v1 spleef match. This stage follows the single-elimination structure we mentioned earlier, meaning: don't lose. The first and second rounds will be a best of one and the losers will be eliminated from the tournament and the winners will move on to the next round. For the semi-finals and final as well as the match for third place, it will be a best of 3 (first to 2)

Matches will go for 5 minutes each and in the event that a match goes on for longer, both players will be moved to a smaller arena where they will continue battling it out there.

Rewards
To offer some incentive, we're offering rewards for everybody that makes it it to the second stage.

Top 16 100 coins and 250xp
Top 8 250 coins and 500xp
Top 4 500 coins and 1000xp
2nd place 500 coins, 1000xp and a $10 game of their choosing on Steam
1st place 750 coins, 1500xp,  a $20 game of their choosing on Steam and the @🏆 Tournament Winner role in our Discord.

Conclusion
If you are unsure about anything and would like to clarify, please feel free to ask one of our staff members. Best of luck to all of you entering and even if you aren't, come watch and support your friends 🙂.

If you're not in our Discord server and would like to join it to be notified of the tournament, click the image below.

f3wT3MI.gif

If you cannot make it on the day, capitjeff21 and Lonzo4MvP will be streaming and commentating the event live on Jeff's Twitch. We will also be uploading the full event (and clips) to YouTube after the event is over.

Still got 10 days to practice. Everybody can enter, you just need to login on the day 🙂

5 hours ago, Hellenion said:

are you sure you wanna do it next week

puissantsplee.png

That map is unrelated to the tournament. This is the map for stage one (the qualifiers).

Spoiler

1TphdQh.png

And this is the map for stage two (the brackets).

Spoiler

j9Z0si5.png

4 hours ago, hanpy said:

can i still enter?

Just login to Puissant Royale on the 24th April 9pm UTC and ask to be put in. Infinite positions, it's just a matter of finding the top 16.

19 minutes ago, hanpy said:

why is the server not up?

9 days left 

In 9 days, log in to the server. He said that very clearly and even bolded the important bits.

4 hours ago, AndrewPH said:

In 9 days, log in to the server. He said that very clearly and even bolded the important bits.

ik but i wanted to play but it was not up 😐

2 minutes ago, hanpy said:

i wanted to play but it was not up 😐

as far as I can see there's no map to practice spleef on Puissant

27 minutes ago, Hellenion said:

no i wanted to play the game not spleef but the server was not up when i made the comment 

Im betting this tournament is gonna be a good one, spleef is a classic minigame out of the bunch, and i hope it turns out well!

WOW!! $20 Steam Game!!! man, if only i had steam. buuut, i dont. il just let somebody else have tha money if i win.

Again because people do not understand or arent reading the Tournament is April 24th at these times. Please use the time that is your timezone. If your timezone isnt below use Google to convert the time to your given timezone

5:00 PM Saturday, Eastern Time r

4:00 PM Saturday, Central Time

2:00 PM Saturday, Pacific Time

10:00 PM Saturday, in United Kingdom

On 4/16/2021 at 6:48 AM, Hellenion said:

Sorry for the delay but here are the downloads to the official maps that will be used in the tournament. Should be able to just load them in singleplayer and practice yourself.

Spleef Bracket Map

Spleef Qualifiers Map