Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noobbatter

Momentum?

Hello all, 

been messing with Classicube parkour, and it's quite interesting. I've been wondering if there's any information on momentum building: i.e. does 'run'-jumping give momentum? a jump? head hitters? 45 strafes? Any kind of information would be great.

I ask this because I've been wondering why I can't land a double neo. Looking for information on Classicube momentum, but a general discussion on its parkour would be fun as well.

First things first, are you aware that this client is based mostly, if not entirely on Minecraft 0.30 classic? Some movement "tech" from modern versions of Minecraft (around 1.14 and onwards) may not work in this client.

The only real technique i know that works is as follows:
unknown.png

The "Mid-air Strafe" (what i refer to it as), aka when you strafe in mid-air to completely pass by a block, typically onto an equal-or-lower level of height.

Sadly, i wish i could help further, but i have no clue what a "double neo" is, nor how to hit one like you're talking about here.

Hope this helps!

For the benefit of readers, a "neo" jump is the same as what Mason is referring to as a "Mid-air strafe." A double neo would be that but two solid blocks between.
-
You don't reach maximum walk speed instantaneously, but there is a very quick buildup before hitting max speed, so if you jump right as you begin pressing forward you won't go as far. Take a small amount of time to walk the direction you want to jump before jumping for maximum distance.

Not sure what you need to know about head hitters. They are possible, you just need to jump at the very last moment.

Strafing doesn't make any difference as to how far you can move (the movement vectors produced by WASD are normalized), though it may assist you in neo jumps if you can't do it with screen-turning alone.

Collide boxes are always cuboid shape and do not rotate, so you can use this info to understand a bit about what angles you need to take when jumping.

As for double neos, these are just not possible with the default speed you can move at in ClassiCube.

18 minutes ago, Goodly said:

For the benefit of readers, a "neo" jump is the same as what Mason is referring to as a "Mid-air strafe." A double neo would be that but two solid blocks between.
-
You don't reach maximum walk speed instantaneously, but there is a very quick buildup before hitting max speed, so if you jump right as you begin pressing forward you won't go as far. Take a small amount of time to walk the direction you want to jump before jumping for maximum distance.

Not sure what you need to know about head hitters. They are possible, you just need to jump at the very last moment.

Strafing doesn't make any difference as to how far you can move (the movement vectors produced by WASD are normalized), though it may assist you in neo jumps if you can't do it with screen-turning alone.

Collide boxes are always cuboid shape and do not rotate, so you can use this info to understand a bit about what angles you need to take when jumping.

As for double neos, these is just not possible with the default speed you can move at in ClassiCube.

Could you possibly slow the speed down using a mod or a ''hacked client''

1 minute ago, tetrisplayer2 said:

Could you possibly slow the speed down using a mod or a ''hacked client''

Slow the speed of what? You can change all sorts of things if you modify your own client.

45 strafe does work as most zs players use that movement to make 3 block jumps.

3 hours ago, Swoozy said:

45 strafe does work as most zs players use that movement to make 3 block jumps.

Sounds like a placebo.

You can test some of this with the help of a friend.  Friend runs straight forward, you run a straight 45 strafe, see if there's a difference after 100 blocks.  Same for run-jumping.